google-site-verification=ljd0kiKVzzVJBQpeikm01oLV1nQM2Fg9IQj30mPavHc I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before - Chess Combi

I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before

I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before - Hello Chess Combi readers, In the article you read with the title I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before, we already prepared well. Hopefully the posting content Chess, Chess Express, Game, articles satisfied your curiousity. Well, happy reading.

Title : I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before
link : I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before

See also


I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before

Flicking through the games from the FIDE GP in Sharjah, I was surprised by the number of draws. I know at the top level it is pretty easy to make a draw if you want to, especially with White, but I had expected the change in format to an 18 player swiss (rather than a round robin) would have at least encouraged more decisive games. As it stands around 75% of the games have been drawn, although this number seems to be coming down.
There was one real disaster in round 5, although it wasn't the one I first thought it was. Playing through the game at firt I thought Black was in big trouble after Qc6+. I've seen a number of games where the king gets kicked around the board after going to e7 and I assumed this was one of those. It turns out the Black is fine, and it was White who quickly found himself in trouble. 17.O-O could bes be described as 'brave' but 19.Rd1 was the real lemon, and after Black found Qh3, White did the sensible thing and resigned (as f4 drops the rook to Qg4+)


Riazantsev,Alexander (2671) - Jakovenko,Dmitry (2709) [A30]
Sharjah Grand Prix 2017 Sharjah UAE (5.7), 22.02.2017




I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before

We hope it's fullfil all of your curiousity. Okay, see you in other articles.

Now you read : I'd thought I'd seen this disaster before
link http://chesscombi.blogspot.com/2017/02/id-thought-id-seen-this-disaster-before.html

Subscribe to receive free email updates: