google-site-verification=ljd0kiKVzzVJBQpeikm01oLV1nQM2Fg9IQj30mPavHc 2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1 - Chess Combi

2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1

2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1 - Hello Chess Combi readers, In the article you read with the title 2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1, we already prepared well. Hopefully the posting content Chess, Chess Express, Game, articles satisfied your curiousity. Well, happy reading.

Title : 2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1
link : 2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1

See also


2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1

Day 1 of the 2017 Gibraltar Masters got underway with very few surprises. A couple of higher rated players were held to draws (Gelfand, Short, Ganguly among them) and there were a couple of GM's dropping the full point. Having said that, the very top players won in a way that showed the difference between 2700+ GM's and 2300+ players. Fabiano Caruana had a very nice win, and the commentators praised Nakamrua's play. There were a couple of quick wins on the top boards, including a 16 move win by Topalov.
I started on Board 91, and to show how strong this event is, I still ended up with a 2420 rated GM. Doing a bit of pre-grame prep, I settled on a line where I was a pawn up, but with an exposed king in the centre. Turns out my idea wasn't that great as GM Sundararajan just ripped open my position and I resigned on move 25. My next round's opponent is hardly any easier, as I get a 2260+ FM to try my best against. Nonetheless I'm finding the tournament very enjoyable, and if you are able to stay up for the start I highly recommend following the online coverage.


Topalov,Veselin - Paehtz,Thomas [A80]
2017 Gibraltar Masters (1), 19.01.2017




2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1

We hope it's fullfil all of your curiousity. Okay, see you in other articles.

Now you read : 2017 Gibraltar Masters - Day 1
link http://chesscombi.blogspot.com/2017/01/2017-gibraltar-masters-day-1.html

Subscribe to receive free email updates: